PADOVA HALF MARATHON OFFICIAL RULEBOOK
Assindustria Sport Padova Ltd., the amateur sports club has received approval from the National Italian Track and Field Federation, to organize the half marathon Abano Terme - Padua, in conjunction with the 18th edition of the Padova Marathon.
This is a race of 21,097 km, the course of which was measured and certified in 2011 by AIMS/IAAF, and will take place on Sunday April 23rd, 2017 with start at 10.00 in Abano Terme and arrival in Padua.
The race is open to all participants who have reached 18 years of age by April 23rd , 2017 and who hold a membership card from FIDAL (Italian Track and Field Federation) or from a foreign Federation affiliated with IAAF and holding authorization to compete abroad. If you are affiliated IAAF must provide copy of the self-certification that you can download from website www.padovamarthon.com
The race is also open to all participants who have reached 18 years of age by April 23rd, 2017 and who do not hold a membership card from FIDAL or from IAAF. The participation of the above mentioned athletes undergoes the obligation of purchasing a card (RUNCARD) during the registration process. The RUNCARD, which allows athletes to participate at running events in Italy for one year can be purchased on the following website: www.runcard.com which allows them to take part to competitive races in Italy for a year or directly and at convenient rate form marathon organizers. These athletes are required to provide a health certificate (or the equivalent Health Form downloadable from www.padovamarathon.com) attesting to the fact that their physical conditions are such as to allow performance at competitive levels in athletics issued and signed by a sports medicine specialist or by a centre for sports medicine as required by the Italian law. This certificate must be still valid on April 23rd, 2017.
All participants must waive Assindustria Sport Padova - Padova Marathon of any responsibility regarding the suitability of their physical condition to compete in the race and they must declare that they have trained thoroughly and adequately for the marathon.
ENTRY FEES AND PROCEDURES
Entry fees are as follow:
€ 20 until January 31st, 2017 € 30 from February 1st until March 24th , 2017
- € 40 from March 25th until April 18 - registration deadline postponed exclusively for online registrations
- € 50 at the Expo subject to bib numbers availability
- 2016 Fee transfer € 10,00 until March 24th,2017
- WOMAN: fixed fee € 20,00 until April 14th 2017.
- CLUB SPECIAL: every 10 people registered for the Half Marathon by the same sports club one of them is FREE until April 14st 2017. The 10 registrations must be sent AT THE SAME TIME and must be complete with all the details.
NOT AFFILIATED ATHLETES - Extra fees
- NOT AFFILIATED ATHLETES ITALIAN RESIDENTS: + € 20,00 with emission of RUNCARD valid 1 year. SEND COPY OF THE MEDICAL CERTIFICATE IN WITH ENTRY FORM APPLICATION FORM
- NOT AFFILIATED ATHLETES ABROAD RESIDENTS: + € 10,00 with emission of RUNCARD valid 1 year. SEND COPY OF THE MEDICAL CERTIFICATE IN WITH ENTRY FORM APPLICATION FORM
Registrations can be processed as follows:
- By regular mail : send the registration form completely filled in and signed to Assindustria Sport Padova Via E. P. Masini 2 - 35131 Padova - Italy. If you wish to register by mail you can pay by bank draft, IBAN IT 77 S 01030 12103 000001866601 - BIC: PASC IT MM XXX - Account holder: Assindustria Sport Padova. Please put the names of at athletes on the payment DESCRIPTION. Copy of payment must be sent with the entry form.
- By fax: send the registration form completely filled in and signed to the following fax n. 0039.049.7423045 with copy of the payment which can be made by bank draft IBAN IT 77 S 01030 12103 000001866601 - BIC: PASC IT MM XXX - Account holder: Assindustria Sport Padova. Please put the names of at athletes on the payment DESCRIPTION. Copy of payment must be sent with the entry form.
- By e-mail: send the registration form and the payment (always via bank draft as described above) at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via internet: fill in the on-line registration form available on the marathon web site www.padovamarathon.com and pay by credit card. Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard and Paypal are accepted.
- Personally, paying cash at Assindustria Sport Office in Via E.P. Masini n.2 - 35131 Padova or at Expo of other marathons where we are present
During the registration process, all non-card holders will be obliged to provide a copy of a medical certificate (attesting to the fact that the athlete’s physical conditions are such as to allow performance at competitive levels) or the equivalent health form issued and signed by a sports medicine specialist or by a centre for sports medicine. This certificate must be valid on April 17, 2016. Athletes who register on-line must provide copy of the health certificate or the equivalent health form available on the marathon website via fax (+39.049.7423045 ) or via e-mail (email@example.com) before the race.
All non card holders are also required to provide copy of the RUNCARD that can be purchased during the registration process at the cost of € 10,00 for non Italian residents.
REFUND OF ENTRY FEE
Entry fees are not refundable, in case you decide not to take part to the race. Anyway, you can transfer your registration fee to Padova Marathon 2018. All you need to do, is to inform the organizers by March 24th 2017, either by fax (+39.049.7423045) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also transfer your registration to another runner by previously informing the organizers always by March 24 th2017. In case of “name change” you will be asked to pay extra € 10.
WARNING! INFORMATION TO ALL ENTRANTS! Marathon and half marathon are two different races, with different bib numbers and chips. The possibility to change race depends on the availability of bib numbers and undergoes the payment of € 15,00. If you change on marathon morning you will not be in any of the result lists!
SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE ENTRY FEE
Entry fee includes:
- insurance and medical assistance during the race;
- refreshment and sponging along the racecourse;
- goody bag;
- voucher for the Pasta Party;
- official programme and technical information;
- transport of personal clothing from the start area to the finish area;
- pre-race and post-race transportation by shuttle buses;
- rental of ChampionChip chip;
- final rankings via e-mail at the end of the race;
- official medal;
- Marathon diploma.
BIB NUMBER DISTRIBUTION
Bib numbers will be distributed automatically on the basis of the best personal time made in the last 2 years, declared by the participants and confirmed by FIDAL statistics, and on the basis of the registration date.
For this reason, the Organization cannot satisfy requests for a specific number nor can it change numbers that have already been assigned, even in cases where the athlete has inadvertently failed to specify his/her personal best.
BIB NUMBERS -
5001 - 5500 -
Athletes with times under 1 h 30
5501 - 7000 -
Athletes with times between 1 h 30 and 1 h 45
From 7000 on -
Athletes with times from 1 h 45 on
BIB PICK UP
The bib number is strictly personal and cannot be given to others or exchanged. It must be pinned to the chest with four safety pins so that it is completely visible; it should not be folded and it must be preserved in good condition. All the athletes will be able to pick up the bib number and the chip at the Expo in Prato della Valle, Padua, on Friday April 21rd from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Saturday April 22nd from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. by showing an ID card. Athletes can also pick up their bib numbers on Sunday April 23rd from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in Abano Terme close to the start line.
GOODY BAGS PICK UP
Athletes will find a voucher for the goody bag pick up with their bib numbers. Goody bags can be picked up at the Expo, in Prato della Valle, Padua on Friday April 21st from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., on Saturday April 22nd from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Sunday April 23rd from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. by showing the voucher.
Goody bags won’t be handed out to athletes who will not give the proper voucher.
Padova Marathon will provide pacers, that is athletes who will run at a constant pace to reach the finish line at a pre-established time. Participants who keep up with them will be able to reach the finish line in the following times: 1h 30’ – 1h 35’- 1h 40’ - 1h 45’ – 1h 50’ – 1h 55’ - 2h 00’- 2h 15’.
At the start in Abano Terme the pacers will be inside the various start corrals. They can be recognized by the word “pacer” or by the times written on their vest. Balloons of various colours will also indicate their position
Together with the bib number, all the athletes registered for the half marathon will receive a parking pass which will allow them to leave their cars in the following parking areas:
- In Abano Terme: (coming from North): reserved parking in front of Gelateria delle Terme/ Ritz Hotel and parking along Via Monte Ricco and R. Agazzi square (until 9:00 a.m.);
- In Abano Terme (coming from South) : reserved parking at Via Brustolon (San Daniele zone);
- In Padua: APS parking at Via Guizza (tram terminal – direction south) – departing point of the free shuttle bus heading to Abano Terme.
Please make sure to get to the departing area at Abano Terme no later than 9 am.
Please make sure that the parking pass is clearly visible and placed on the dashboard inside your car.
The organizers refuse all responsibility for the objects left unattended inside the cars.
TRANSPORT SERVICES TO THE START LINE
Before the half marathon there will be a free shuttle service to the start line in Abano Terme.
The shuttles will leave from:
- Padua, Park Guizza at Via Guizza (tram terminal – direction south) – this parking is recommend
- Padua, railway station (opposite the main entrance), from 7:45 am to 8:30 am
All the athletes are strongly advised to use the free shuttle bus service to reach Abano Terme in order to avoid excess traffic in the centre of the small town where the race starts.
For the relatives who will accompany athletes at Abano Terme there will be a free shuttle service to Prato della Valle at Via dei Colli Euganei (bus stop after Gelateria delle Terme) at 10.30 am
BAGS FOR PERSONAL BELONGINGS
At the start line in Abano Terme, athletes can give the bag containing their personal belongings to the appropriate courier by 10:00 a.m.. The identification sticker with the bib number must be attached to the bag. The sticker will be distributed with the bib. The athletes will be able to pick up their bags from the courier trucks after the race in Prato Della Valle.
Athletes are strongly recommended not to put in the bag holding their personal belongings objects of value and to only insert extremely necessary garments. Personal bags will be handed out only if athletes will exhibit their bib number.
The start of the half marathon is set for 10:00 a.m. Slight variations in the starting time may be caused by the live television broadcast of the event.
To guarantee a smooth start, all runners are requested to arrive at the start line in Abano Terme no later than 9:15 a.m.
The race starts in Via Previtali in Abano Terme, next to S. Daniele park. It then continues along Via Vittore Ghislandi, Via Liberale da Verona, Via dei Colli Euganei, Via San Daniele, Strada Provinciale 25d. At this point (5th km) the race course connects with the marathon and continues along Via Monteortone, Via Cornelio Augure, Via Abano, Viale Terme, Via Matteotti, Via S. Pio X, Via Santa Maria d’Abano, Via Latisana and Via Romana Aponense. Entering Padua, it goes on along Via Romana Aponense, Mandria, Via Armistizio, Ponte Isonzo, Via Isonzo, Via Goito, Piazzale Sacra Famiglia, Via Cernaia, Piazzale San Guovanni, Via Euganea, Ponte San Giovanni delle Navi, Via Vescovado, Via Vandelli, Piazza Duomo, Granguardia, Piazza dei Signori, Piazza della Frutta, Via Oberdan, Via VIII Febbraio, Via San Francesco, Via del Santo, Piazza del Santo, Via Luca Belludi and arrives at the finish line in Prato della Valle, the largest square in Europe.
The race course will be completely closed to traffic. All side streets and all crossroads will be supervised by the local police who will prevent all other types of vehicles (bicycles, mopeds and motorcycles included) from travelling along the racecourse. Vehicles that are authorised to travel along the course will be issued a special pass by the Organization.
The timing and the ranking of the race will be processed with the MyLaps system, based on a chip weighing 3.5 grams that must be fastened around your ankle. The chip will be given with the bib and must be returned after the race. The penalty for not giving back the chip after the race is € 30,00.
For each athlete, the following times will be taken: official time (from gunshot to finish line), net time (from the transit at the start line to the finish line) and one intermediate time (at km 30 of the marathon).
Athletes who forget to wear the chip given by the Organization during the race will not be timed and will not be included in the rankings.
The race course will be closed to traffic for a maximum of 4 hours. Athletes who finish the race after the time limit of 4 hours will not be ranked.
REFRESHMENTS AND SPONGING
In accordance with the IAAF/FIDAL rulebook, there will be refreshment stations at the finish line and along the course where set for the marathon.
Sponging stations will also be available along the race course where set for the marathon.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE RACE
Athletes who decide to quit the race should use the refreshment stations and sponging stations as meeting points. From there they will be taken to the finish line area in Prato della Valle, where they will be able to collect their personal bag.
Along the half marathon race course there are two hospitals (in Abano Terme and Padua). Medical assistance will be guaranteed along the entire length of the race course with medical assistance means, including two medical motorcycles. But we realise that every marathon runner knows his/her own limits and how to gauge his/her own strength in order to reach the finish line.
Next to the Sanitary Service tent after the finish line, there will be a tent for information on marathon runners who have been aided along the race course. After the race, there will be changing rooms and showers available for the athletes in Via Carducci - “Appiani” Stadium - very close to the finish line area in Prato della Valle – from 12:00 p.m.
The finish line is located in Prato della Valle, Padua.
The chip will be taken off your ankle after reaching the finish line. Those athletes who do not finish the race or who don’t return the chip after the race must send it back by one week after the race to the following address: Assindustria Sport Padova, Via E.P. Masini 2 - 35031 Padua - Italy.
Athletes who do not return the chip will be charged a €30 penalty.
As regards the use of the chip, we strongly suggest the athletes to follow the instructions included in the chip box, which are also available on the website www.padovamarathon.com
After the race the first three men and women will be prized on the main stage in Prato della Valle.
The money prize for the 2017 half marathon will be as follows:
|General||For Italian athlets||General||For Italian athletes|
|1°||€ 400||1°||€ 100||1°||€ 400||1°||€ 100|
|2°||€ 300||2°||€ 75||2°||€ 300||2°||€ 75|
|3°||€ 200||3°||€ 50||3°||€ 200||3°||€ 50|
|4°||€ 150||4°||€ 35||4°||€ 150||4°||€ 35|
|5°||€ 100||5°||€ 25||5°||€ 100||5°||€ 25|
|BLIND T11||VISUAL IMPAIR T12/T13||AMPUTEE T44||AMPUTEE T46|
|1°||€ 150||1°||€ 150||1°||€ 150||1°||€ 150|
|2°||€ 100||2°||€ 100||2°||€ 100||2°||€ 100|
|3°||€ 50||3°||€ 50||3°||€ 50||3°||€ 50|
|1°||€ 150||1°||€ 150||1°||€ 150|
|2°||€ 100||2°||€ 100||2°||€ 100|
|3°||€ 50||3°||€ 50||3°||€ 50|
Athletes with RUNCARD cannot be included in the money prize.
Money prizes for Italian and foreign athletes will be paid by November 30th 2017. In order to do so, the Organization will send to the winners a form to be sent back no later than May 30th 2017 with copy of their ID card and international bank details (Complete of IBAN CODE and BIC or SWIFT CODE) to: Assindustria Sport Padova, Via E. P. Masini 2 - 35131 Padua (Italy) - Tel. 0039.049.8227114 - Fax 0039.049.8227164. The forms completely filled in will have to be sent IN ORIGINAL (not copy nor fax) via regular mail.
TRANSPORTATION AFTER THE RACE
After the race, the athletes will have at their disposal the following bus service:
- from Prato della Valle to the Euganeo Stadium: from 12 am to 4.30 pm, departing every 30 minutes from Via Carducci (100 meters away from the arrival)
- from Prato della Valle to Abano Terme: from 12 am to 4.30 pm, departing every 30 minutes from Via Carducci (100 meters away from the arrival)
- from Prato della Valle to Padua train station: from 12 am to 4.30 pm, departing every 30 minutes from Via Carducci (100 meters away from the arrival)
The Pasta Party will take place at the Expo area in Prato della Valle:
- On Saturday April 22nd 2017, from 12 am to 3 pm and from 6 pm tp 8 pm
- On Sunday April 23rd 2017, from 12 am to 4 pm
The voucher for the Pasta Party will be distributed together with the bibs.
HALF MARATHON DIPLOMA
Each participant will be able to download the half marathon diploma from the website: www.padovamarathon.com
The Organization reserves the right to eliminate any athlete from the race at any time for inappropriate behaviour.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PADOVA MARATHON
For further information about the half marathon 2017 (how to register, where to stay, how to reach Padua, etc.) please contact the organizing staff at the following address:
The offices are open from Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and from 2.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m..
By signing the registration form, the athlete declares that he/she understands and accepts the rules contained in the Abano Terme – Padova half marathon’s official rulebook as it is posted on the website www.padovamarathon.com
and that he/she will be 18 years of age by April 23rd 2017. The athlete also therewith expressly declares that he/she releases the race Organization of any liability for damages/injuries incurred by the athlete or caused by the athlete to third parties and/or property (according to Article 2 of Italian Law N° 15 of 04.01.1996. thereafter modified in Article 3.10 of Italian Law N° 127 of 15.05.1997).
The personal data compulsory to complete the registration to the Abano Terme – Padova half marathon will be handled by the staff of Padova Marathon Organization in the manner provided for by the Italian privacy law with paper tools, necessary for the realization of the sport event above mentioned and for the mailing of advertising material. These data can be given to a third party for the fulfilment of the obligations related to the event or to the purposes above mentioned. At any time, you can exercise the rights granted by art. 7 of d.lgs 196/03 (cancellation, rectification, etc.) by writing the Organisers, responsible for the handling of the data, at the following address:
Assindustria Sport Padova, Via E. P. Masini 2 - 35131 Padua - ITALY.
As far as the consensus for the handling of your personal data is concerned, the sign on the registration form will bear witness to it.
By registering for the Abano Terme – Padova half marathon, the athlete expressly authorizes the Padova marathon Organization and its media partners to use all motion and still pictures taken during the athlete’s participation in the event. These pictures may be used throughout the world, in all forms and for all purposes, including their use in advertising and promotional materials, and for the length of time permitted by law, by regulations and by agreements in effect, including any extension of the aforementioned duration.
SOME PRACTICAL TIPS
- We recommend the use of comfortable running shoes that have been broken in and tested on long distances. The use of new shoes should be avoided until they have taken the shape of the arch of your foot.
- Protect the parts of your body that may become irritated due to the repeated friction caused by running (armpits, groin, inner thighs, breasts).
- Use large amounts of moisturising cream (preferably petroleum jelly, i.e. Vaseline) to moisturise these parts of the body.
- For participants who will be staying at a hotel, we recommend that you remind the hotel staff of any special needs that you may have on the day of the race: an early breakfast, the possibility of leaving your baggage in their care until the end of the race, the possibility of taking a shower afterwards, etc..
The Padova Marathon Organization reserves the right to modify this rulebook as needed, in order to guarantee a better Organization of the race.
All changes to services, venues and timetables will be communicated to registered athletes or will be posted on the website: www.padovamarathon.com